I’m not sure that that heading is the right words to describe this but I can’t think of any others that begin to
describe the way in which blogging has the ability to snowball. Perhaps it’s a ‘Tipping Point’ thing but as I look
at the last three years in terms of blog traffic, earnings, profile and opportunities I see that the first 18 months
were very very slow. Growth was definitely there from month to month but because the numbers were so small it
didn’t really feel like I was going anywhere.
The wonderful thing about exponential growth is that if you stick at it for the long term it’s a very powerful force.
I look over at the poll I’m running this month and see that 27% of bloggers who responded are making $10 or
less a month from Adsense and I know it sounds so little.
In reality it’s not that much but it’s more than I was making 2 years ago from blogging.
Here’s a calculation that I kept in my mind in the early days.
If that $10 a month increases by 20% every month in a year you’ll be earning $89.16 per month at the end of the
year. Of course that sounds small for a year’s work and I’m sure many bloggers would give up at that point but
lets take it further.
If earnings continued to rise by 20% per month for another 12 months and you begin to see the power of
exponential growth with a figure of $794.96 per month. Do it for another year and the figure is $7088.01 per
month.
Do those figures with the figure of 30% growth per month and the figure after 12 months is $232.98 per month,
after two years its $5428.00 and after three years it’s $126,462 per month! You get the picture. Now I don’t want to promise you 30% growth per month for three years straight but as I’ve written before, the power of
exponential growth in conjunction with hard work and luck is possible - it’s my story. I see each post I write as
an investment in the future and something that has the potential to earn money for me not just today but over the
long term.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment